Your desire to have a church wedding indicates that you see your marriage as a commitment made before God, with emphasis on the Christ-centered nature of your relationship. These guidelines are meant to make the planning of your wedding ceremony easier and more enjoyable.
All marriage arrangements at St. John's are the responsibility of the bride and groom.
Please contact the Pastor at least 6 months prior to the date of the marriage. The following preparation is required:
- Pre-marriage weekend
- Completing and discussing a pre-marriage questionnaire
Your wedding may be scheduled for any day of the week with the following qualifications:
- Saturdays beginning no later than 2:00 p.m.
- Pictures in the church can begin 2-1/2 hours before the wedding.
- If pictures are to be taken after the ceremony,the wedding can begin no later than 1:00 pm.
- The music must be sacred and approved by the Director of Liturgy and Music at St. John's.
- A certified copy of your baptismal record dated within 6 months of your wedding is required.
- The use of rice or confetti, either inside or outside the church, is not allowed. White carpets and runners are not allowed for safety reasons and liability.
- No food is allowed in the church or sanctuary.
- The ushers, or people assigned by the family, are to clean up after the wedding which includes the Church and other rooms used (e.g. food, programs, kleenex, etc.) in preparation for the next service.