The Co-Cathedral of St. John’s Youth Ministry is committed to fostering the total personal and spiritual growth of each young person in our community by empowering them to live as disciples of Jesus Christ. We should Live In Faith Together!
Young Adult Ministry
Rochester Catholic is an initiative of the Rochester parishes seeking to connect young adults to Christ and His Church. Our website is a landing page for young adults in the area desiring to: find a community of peers, plug into a parish, engage the world through outreach and service, and further commit their lives to Christ. https://www.rochestercatholicmn.org/
COVID-19 UPDATE: Please note that Sunday morning childcare is currently suspended until further notice.
- During the 9:30am Mass
- Available for ages three months through three years
- Child care is a co-op requiring participation of parents/guardians as caregivers on a rotating basis
- Children who are older than three are invited to participate in Children’s Liturgy of the Word during the 9:30am Mass
There is no registration for childcare. Children may be dropped off and signed in before 9:30 Mass on Sunday mornings.
The childcare schedule follows the school schedule: there is no childcare on weekends following a school break.
Supervision is provided by parents/guardians who are in compliance with the Safe Environment requirements of the Diocese of Winona-Rochester.
Adult Faith Sharing
- Grow in your own personal relationship with God
- Set an example for your children
- Form friendships within our parish community
- Gain knowledge of Christ and His Church as well as grow in your faith
The Co-Cathedral of St. John’s has several adult Bible studies on an ongoing basis, and you’re more than welcome to join! Right now, we’re meeting virtually, so you’re welcome to join via video or phone to reflect on Scripture and learn more about the Bible.
- Tuesday 10am Bible Study: We use a number of videos and studies to learn more about Scripture and Church teaching.
- Wednesday 6pm Bible Study (school year only): Watch engaging videos to learn more about the faith and share your questions and insights with your peers.
If you are interested in learning more about becoming Catholic, please visit our RCIA page by following this link.
Rochester Catholic Schools
THE RCS DIFFERENCE!
When you invest in an RCS education you become part of community that aspires to:
- Ensure all students believe they have worth and are loved;
- Educate the whole child and celebrate the unique God-given gifts and talents of each student;
- Nurture and cultivate within students a sense of purpose, a hunger for excellence, vision, courage and relentless curiosity to never stop learning;
- Root students in faith and foster God’s love in our community;
- Inspire students to listen to God’s call, share their faith with others, and respond as leaders to the needs of a complex and diverse world;
- Be a premier educational institution and serve the world as a beacon of academic, moral, and spiritual formation.
Visit the RCS Website here for more information.
Visit the St. John’s/St. Pius X webpage here.
Parish Grant Form available here.
VIRTUS is derived from the Latin word for valor, moral strength, excellence, and worth — a proper name for the program given to the Church for the protection of our children and vulnerable adults. The VIRTUS program empowers Christian organizations and people to better control risk and improve the lives of all those who interact with the Church. Moreover, it encourages us all to aspire to the highest, most positive attributes of human interaction.
Contact our Formation Team to learn more about certification in the VIRTUS program, or vist VIRTUS online for more on the program itself. All volunteers who work with children, youth or vulnerable adults are required to go through a Virtus training and have an up to date background check ran and on file through the parish.