St. John’s LIFT Youth Ministry is committed to fostering the total personal and spiritual growth of each young person in our community by empowering them to live as disciples of Jesus Christ. We should Live In Faith Together!
What will LIFT provide?
- Weekly youth group meetings
- Scripture Attack
- Prayer Encounters
- Praise and Worship
- Movie Nights
- Peer Ministry
- Service Opportunities
- Mission Trips
When and where does LIFT meet?
You can join LIFT every Wednesday night at 7:30pm during the Faith Formation year in the basement of the parish center.
Can I be involved in the planning process or leadership team for LIFT?
Yes! Please! Whether you are a high-schooler, parent, or young adult, I want to hear your ideas! Contact me and let’s make youth ministry at St. John’s happen together!
Young Adult Ministry
Rochester Catholic is an initiative of the Rochester parishes seeking to connect young adults to Christ and His Church. Our website is a landing page for young adults in the area desiring to: find a community of peers, plug into a parish, engage the world through outreach and service, and further commit their lives to Christ.
- During the 9:30am Mass
- Available for ages three months through three years
- Child care is a co-op requiring participation of parents/guardians as caregivers on a rotating basis
- Children who are older than three are invited to participate in Children’s Liturgy of the Word during the 9:30am Mass
Adult Faith Sharing
- Grow in your own personal relationship with God
- Set an example for your children
- Form friendships within our parish community
- Gain knowledge of Christ and His Church as well as grow in your faith
This study group is welcoming and open to anyone who may be interested in joining discussion on the book we are currently reading. We enjoy reading books published by Dynamic Catholic publishing, although we have read many diverse subjects. We are not a “group” in the sense that people come and go … all are welcome, one time or all the time.
If you are interested in learning more about becoming Catholic, please visit our RCIA page by following this link.
Rochester Catholic Schools
THE RCS DIFFERENCE!
When you invest in an RCS education you become part of community that aspires to:
- Ensure all students believe they have worth and are loved;
- Educate the whole child and celebrate the unique God-given gifts and talents of each student;
- Nurture and cultivate within students a sense of purpose, a hunger for excellence, vision, courage and relentless curiosity to never stop learning;
- Root students in faith and foster God’s love in our community;
- Inspire students to listen to God’s call, share their faith with others, and respond as leaders to the needs of a complex and diverse world;
- Be a premier educational institution and serve the world as a beacon of academic, moral, and spiritual formation.
Visit the RCS Website here for more information.
Visit the St. John’s/St. Pius X webpage here.
Parish Grant Form available here.
VIRTUS is derived from the Latin word for valor, moral strength, excellence, and worth — a proper name for the program given to the Church for the protection of our children and vulnerable adults. The VIRTUS program empowers Christian organizations and people to better control risk and improve the lives of all those who interact with the Church. Moreover, it encourages us all to aspire to the highest, most positive attributes of human interaction.
Contact our Formation Team to learn more about certification in the VIRTUS program, or vist VIRTUS online for more on the program itself. All volunteers who work with children, youth or vulnerable adults are required to go through a Virtus training and have an up to date background check ran and on file through the parish.