Running Start for School is a community backpack and school supply drive for Olmsted County students in need! St. John is a drop site for the supplies you are able to provide for these students to have a “running start” at a great future! Enthusiasm is a key ingredient in education. New school supplies offer a fresh start to a new school year.
The following items are needed by July 27:
• Backpacks (variety of age and genderchoices; NO Wheels)
• Dry Erase Markers • Scissors (blunt tip, pointed tip)
• Markers Thick and Thin(box) • Highlighters (yellow)
• Colored Pencils (box) • Glue Bottles (4 oz) • Block Erasers (big pink)
• Notebooks, one subject, wide &/or college ruled, spiral (colors - red, blue, yellow, green)
• Folders, two pocket (colors - red, blue, yellow,green)
The mission of the Diocese of Winona's "Safe Environment Program" is to ensure the safety of children and young people who have been entrusted to our care in our parishes, schools, religious education classes, and other programs.
We pursue this mission in three ways: